Monday 6 September 2010

Bad Experience with www.HealthyLifeStore.co.uk


This is a review about my own experience with this store:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/healthylifestore_uk

(Owners of www.HealthyLifeStore.co.uk)


On the 24th of August 2010, I ordered 12 Ricola Original Sugar Free Lozenges 45g Bags (wrapped sweets in carton bags) from Healthy Life Store. Few days later, I received my parcel: 12 Ricola 45g BOXES with unwrapped sweets, which are totally different from the items advertised. I contacted the seller who said there must be a “mistake” in the ad. She later explained that the ad should say “12 Ricola 45g BOXES OR 70g BAGS” (though the description was about WRAPPED sweets ONLY!).

(please click on pictures for a full view)

This is what I ordered: 12 bags through 3 transactions on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320577670524&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT (twice)

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320577670036&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The items looked all just like this Ricola bag:

But the ads were updated to this Ricola box after my complaint (that's what the store shipped):


Notice that only the product picture changed, but the title still talks about bags, and the description still talks about wrapped sweets.


After I complained about the wrong items and requested total refund on return (with the refund of shipping fees, of course), the seller suggested to exchange the Ricolas they sent with Ricola bags of 70g, at no extra cost to me. But, after I asked them if they are sure they had the items I wanted (original sugar free), they suddenly informed me that they had NONE in their stock (this means they were trying to sell something they don’t have! And that they wanted to exchange the wrong Ricolas they sent me with other wrong items!).



That same day I decided to return the boxes to them; anyway I wanted wrapped sugar free Ricola sweets, and they either would have to send me the right items and refund the return fees or just refund me in TOTAL.

I had to pay €7,50 to send them back the 12 Ricola boxes. On the Paypal dispute, the seller agreed to refund me in total (wasn’t it their mistake to send me wrong items??); and on the 5th of September, I received the refund of what I paid through Paypal, with an extra refund of 5£, for the postage which is less than what I had to pay to return the wrong goods to them!!!!


I contacted them to remind them that I paid €7,50, and not 5£, I got a response from the seller telling me that she sent what was agreed. Actually, at the beginning of our conversations, I didn’t know how much I have to pay, and stated that the seller should at least refund the shipping fees of 5£, which was what they charged me when I ordered as shipping fees. But I talked to the seller again and told her that I may have to pay more than that, and that I suspect it will be €7,50. (she completely ignored this conversation when it came to refunding the postage! I personally believe that she did her best to stick to the refund of "under 5£" she suggested when she said she could exchange items)

When I shipped the items, it was exactly the €7,50 and I stated that on the Paypal dispute, and the seller responded” “these will be fully refunded on return”. Now, seller says that we agreed 5£ as refund (huh??). Not only that, she says that in regards to Paypal claims, she doesn’t have to refund the postage even! But that she will work out the exact fees I paid and send them to me to prove her goodwill…

I first only got the 5£, and to be more precise €5,37 (after Paypal took the 0.40£ as fee -- yes, another loss of money). Only two days later, I received 1.24£ from seller (Paypal again deducted a fee of 0.25£), which made €1,16 after currency exchange. It is exactly €6,53 that I got as refund.

It's not the difference of €0,97 that pisses me off, it's the argument from this seller, telling me that they don't even have to refund that postage. And I was very honest with the seller when pointing to my disappointment from that:

The seller made mistake after mistake, and I was just more and more disappointed. Would some say that I should be "happy" this seller refunded me somehow for the postage and that they could have refused to do it? But I do believe a professional and honest store, committed to satisfy customers and provide the best quality of service and support, SHOULD take their responsibility for their mistakes in processing orders. I am not just a buyer, I am also a seller. If such mistake occurs, I would make sure the customer is reassured, fully refunded and satisfied (not tell them that I don't have to refund what they had to pay from their own money to return the WRONG stuff I myself shipped to them!). No, in fact, if I was a real seller, I would not post a wrong ad on ebay, where I say I sell something, and then ship something else to my buyer, then tell them I can exchange the wrong item with the right one (which does not exist in stock!!!) then tell them I just realized that the item is not available, and then suggest another item (opposite to what buyer wanted and ordered: sugar free # sugar)... What would this buyer think of me? or feel about the transaction??!

Now, let's have a look at the feedback:

Seller calls it small mistake. I call it unprofessional service and total chaos.

Was refunded for the transaction via Paypal through dispute I opened. Seller did not go to Paypal to issue a refund or send me the transaction amount of £21,40 just spontaneously. What happened is that I opened a dispute and seller had to refund after they got the returned items. This is what I meant in my feedback. As for postage, seller "refunded" through sending the money by themselves, which can be seen on Paypal screenshots. It was though stressing to have to insist on getting the full postage refund.

Now I'm called "very nasty man". Really? Hah!

Seller may even insult me if they wish. I don't care. I think the seller's feedback shows I'm not the only person who complained about the service and honesty of their store.


No comments: